I just cooked a dish from hell. I soaked black beans over night, and then did all of the things that you do to cook dried beans. They cooked in the crock pot,I divided them into baggies, froze one and thought about what I
wanted to add to the other baggie , to make a dinner. I did all of the spices, onions, garlic, celery, carrots. So far so good. Then I decided to put a package of yellow rice with the beans.. All in the crock pot, and cook it on low. When I was ready to serve
the dish, I had tasteless baby food. Everything cooked into a mush. My son was very gentle, telling me that it wasn't so bad. This from a kid that we use to say, let's give it to Mikey, he'll eat anything. Remember that commercial ? That really isn't true
about my son eating anything, but we did say that to him, and now I don't know why we did. Maybe because he was the baby of the family. I do remember that for a long period, when he was a toddler, he existed on one raisin a day . Funny how one memory can trigger
another one. I know that our dog , Wally, the dog the kids grew up with, ate raisins, which we now know, are poison for dogs. Wally would follow the baby around or sit right next to the high chair, waiting
for manna to fall from the chair to his mouth. I have pictures to prove this. Raisins and all.